Posted on Aug 29, 2020 by Shera Payne
It’s great to be back.
We’re very grateful to the Coventry Diocese team who have provided Summer Soaring services for the whole of August to give all clergy and worship leaders a summer break. The leadership team at All Saints have enjoyed a rest and we hope you have as well, we’ve certainly seen lots of holiday photos on facebook, and indeed some of the video shots for today’s service were taken away from home.
Please try and bring something you can use to make a beat with for our first song, the final song, lead by Malc and Chris, was created at the request of the Diocese for their final service. They, as well as us, appreciate the skills, joy and faith in the videos they produce. (Do watch the whole Diocese service at a later time).
Please catch up with everyone on Zoom Coffee at 11:00am.
(If you need a link please contact Alison).
Our said services in church continue during September, alternating between 8am and 6pm; this week there is a service with Holy Communion (bread only) at 6pm. We’ve had about 18 people attend, so there is space for more if you would appreciate this way of worshipping together.
Finally, remember that this week is Allesley Scarecrow Festival, do take an opportunity to have a look at them all, they are fantastic.
Thanks to the Coley family and Olivers plus Ben for the two scarecrows in the churchyard. Here’s a list where to find them:
1. 11 Barnfield Avenue – ‘The Scarecrows Day Off’
2. Old School Fitness, 103a Birmingham Road – The Silverback Highland Yogi, The Silverback Woman, The Silverback Gorilla, Jimmy the Lonely Goat, The Kick-boxer
3. 1 Fairways Close – ‘NHS and Police Officer’
4. 10 Millford Close – ‘Twinkle the Naughty Unicorn’
5. 35 Milford Close – Tiger King (Joe Exotic)
6. Birmingham Road (rear garden, opposite Allesley Croft) – ‘The Angel’
7. All Saints Church Yard – ‘Gecko Garage’
8. All Saints Church Yard – ‘Minion’
9. Church Farm, Staircase Lane – ‘Minions’
10. 49 Butt Lane – Captain Sir Tom Moore
11. 115 Butt Lane (access via Browns Lane) – ‘Mary Poppins Returns’
Browns Lane Area
12. 63 The Windmill Hill – ‘Room on the Broom’
13. 9 Browns Lane – ‘Paddington Bear’
14. 14 Ripon Close – ‘Diane from Asda’
15. 2 Rydal Close – ‘The Mermaid’
16. 75 Browns Lane – ‘Olaf’
17. 208 Browns Lane – ‘Peppa Pig’
18. 3 Bridle Brook Lane, CV5 8DJ – ‘The Wizard of Oz’
Have a great weekend and coming week.